With Podcast Subscriptions, you can charge your audience for your show's content - both on Spotify and on other listening platforms.
Note: Setting up and managing Podcast Subscriptions is only available on Spotify for Podcasters web.
Podcast Subscriptions are currently available to creators and listeners in 34 markets:
|Continent||Country or region|
|Asia||Hong Kong, Singapore|
|Europe||Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom|
|North America||Canada, United States|
|Oceania||Australia, New Zealand|
Note: If you're a listener looking to subscribe to a podcast, check out this article.
Setting up Podcast Subscriptions
- Go to your Money page
- Scroll down to Subscriptions and click Get Started.
- Set up your Stripe account. You'll skip this step if you've already set up your Stripe account.
- Choose your monthly price.
Note: You can't change your pricing option once you've selected it.
- Check the box next to the episodes you’d like to include in your subscription, then click Update episodes. You can select any episode from your Episodes page, including scheduled and drafted episodes.
Managing subscription episodes
Once you’ve set up Podcast Subscriptions, you can set your existing and future episodes as subscription only from your Episodes page or the Episode options page.
To mark a new episode as subscription only:
- Create your episode as normal.
- When you get to the Episode options page, toggle on Subscription only.
You can also remove an episode from subscription only and make it available to all your listeners.
From your Episodes page:
- Uncheck the Subscriptions box next to the episode.
- Click Update.
From the Episode options page:
- Go to the episode in question and click the pencil icon next to its title.
- Scroll down and toggle off Subscription only.
- Click Update episode.
Head to the Money page to see how many subscribers you have and how much you've earned. You keep 100% of your earnings, excluding payment processing fees.
Click Download Subscriber List to get emails for the subscribers who've opted into hearing from you.