Choosing the right cover art is an important part of making a podcast. Effective cover art can attract new listeners by grabbing their attention visually, and can also give a good sense of what your podcast is about before they even start to listen.
If you host your podcast with Spotify, you can add cover art in your podcast’s settings:
- Go to your Podcast settings
- Click Update cover art.
On the mobile app:
- Go to Your Podcast.
- Tap the 3 dots at the top of the screen then Podcast settings.
- Tap Update podcast art.
There are 3 options:
- Search for a photo: Choose from thousands of independent pieces of artwork to find the one that best suits your podcast.
- Upload an image: Upload your own artwork from your device.
- Choose one for me: Selects cover art for you at random. You get the chance to approve the image before adding it to your podcast.
Note: If you host your podcast somewhere else, check with your host about how to add cover art.
Customizing your cover art
After you’ve chosen an image, you can zoom in or out and select which part of the image you want to use.
Toggle Apply Text on to add your podcast’s name to your cover art, or off to hide it. If you choose to include your podcast’s name, you can customize the font, color, and position of the text.
You can decide whether to include Spotify’s logo in your cover art by toggling Show Spotify logo on cover art on or off.
Note: Changes to your cover art typically reflect on listening platforms within 24 hours.
Uploading your own artwork
Your image should be in PNG, JPG, or JPEG format, with a maximum file size of 30MB. We recommend an image size of 3000x3000 for best resolution.
You can’t customize your image once it’s uploaded, so make any design choices and edits to your image before uploading it.
Any image you upload must be your own, or an image you explicitly own the rights to use.
Read our tricks and tips on designing your podcast cover art
Episode cover art
Your episodes will carry the same cover art as your podcast, but you can upload custom artwork to each episode if you like.
Note: Not all listening platforms display individual episode artwork; some use your podcast's main artwork.
- Go to Episodes and click on the episode you want to add cover art to.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the episode name.
- Scroll down to Customize this episode.
- Click Upload new episode art.
- Choose the file you'd like to use from your device, adjust the zoom, then click Save.
- Click Update Episode at the top of the page to save your new cover art.
On the mobile app:
- Go to Your Podcast and select the episode you want to add cover art to.
- Tap the three dots and Update episode details.
- Tap your episode’s current artwork under Customize.
- Choose an image from your device’s photo reel, or take a new photo.
- Adjust the zoom and tap the tick icon to save your new cover art.
Note: Once you’ve added custom artwork to an episode, you can't remove it completely. To revert to your podcast’s main artwork, you’ll need to add that image from your device.