With Spotify for Podcasters, creators can can choose to create exclusive content only available to listeners who subscribe.
Subscriber-only episodes have a lock icon next to the play button in the Spotify app.
To subscribe to a podcast:
- Hit the play button on a locked episode and select Get access, or go to the podcast's Spotify for Podcasters profile page on web and hit Subscribe.
- Enter your name, email, credit card information, and your country.
- Click Pay & subscribe to confirm your subscription.
Once you’ve confirmed your subscription, you’ll need to activate it. There are two ways to activate your subscription:
- Click Listen on Spotify to listen to the podcast's locked episodes.
- Copy and paste your private RSS link into your preferred podcast listening app. You can find your RSS link in your subscription confirmation email (not all shows offer private RSS links). Your private RSS link is unique to your subscription, so don’t share it with anyone.
Note: Your private RSS link only works in listening apps that Spotify for Podcasters directly distributes to. If you listen to your podcasts through an unsupported app that, we recommend listening to the podcast on Spotify.
Unable to subscribe to a podcast?
Listeners based in the following countries can subscribe to podcasts:
|Continent||Country or region|
|Asia||Hong Kong, Singapore|
|Europe||Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom|
|North America||Canada, United States|
|Oceania||Australia, New Zealand|
If your payment fails while subscribing to a podcast, try using another payment method.
If you’d like to change the credit card on file, you’ll need to cancel your subscription, then sign up again using the new card.
Canceling your subscription
- Open the confirmation email you received upon subscribing to the podcast to find a link to cancel.
- Click the link to cancel your subscription.
Unfortunately, we’re unable to process refunds for supporters as the recurring payment is made directly to the creator themselves. For more information on our refund policy, please refer to our Terms of Service.
If you’ve been a victim of credit card fraud, you can get in touch with your bank to dispute the charge.