Ambassador Ads are a great way to begin your monetization journey by spreading the word about Spotify for Podcasters on your podcast.
In order to become eligible, you’ll need to meet all these requirements:
- Have at least 100 unique listeners on Spotify in the last 60 days
- Have at least one episode published in the last 60 days
- Be located in the United States
Activating Ambassador Ads
- Activate Ambassador Ads from the Episode segments list of any episode, or from the Episode Builder as you’re creating a new episode.
- Go to your Money page to turn on Spotify Payments and set up your account so you can receive your payments.
Recording an Ambassador Ad
We’ll provide a script you can read from, plus talking points if you want to get creative and record your ad in a more organic way.
- Go to your Money page
- Scroll down to view your active ads.
- Select Click/tap to record once you've received your Ambassador Ad.
We’ll show you:
- More details about your Ambassador Ad
- A script for you to follow
Tip: Bolded parts of the script are required, but the rest is up to you!
- A few helpful recording tips
We recommend making your ads feel as natural as possible. If your podcast is in a language other than English, consider recording your Ambassador Ad in the same language.
If you want to re-record your Ambassador Ad:
- Go to your Money page
- Scroll down to the Host-read ads.
- Select the 3 dots next to the ad to re-record.
You can also import an audio file from the Money page if you've decided to record your ad outside of Spotify for Podcasters.
Placing ads in your episodes
The best way to make sure all of your ad campaigns are heard is to place multiple ad segments in your episodes. This is especially helpful if you use other ad features like Automated Ads.
Go to the Episode Builder for each episode and select Add another sponsored segment.
Your Ambassador Ad campaign ends once it reaches its maximum total number of impressions.
Note: If your episode includes an Ambassador Ad, we’ll add a little info about Spotify for Podcasters to your episode’s description so your listeners can learn more about our platform. This info is removed from your description when the campaign has ended or if you remove the campaign.
Ambassador Ad reviews
Your Ambassador Ads go live as soon as you add them to your episode.
If your ad is found to be invalid, your campaign will end and we may revoke the money you’ve made from your Ambassador Ad. We recommend taking your Ambassador Ad seriously to ensure you don’t run into any problems.
How much money can Ambassador Ads earn?
The amount of money you can make from Ambassador Ads depends on:
- How many episodes you have
- How often you publish new episodes
- How many listeners you get
- How much you promote your podcast
Check out our overview of how RPM works and how these numbers can affect your potential revenue.