The waveform editor makes it easy to split and edit your audio.
Use it to identify sections of your audio that you’d like to edit, or to insert other segments like transitions and music.
Note: The waveform editor is only available on the web version of Spotify for Podcasters.
Accessing the waveform editor
- Record your audio with Spotify for Podcasters or add existing audio to an episode in the episode builder.
- Click the 3 dots next to the audio segment you want to edit, and select Edit audio.
Selecting and splitting your audio
- Click on any point in the waveform to move the playhead to that point.
- Click Split or double-click to split your audio and create new segments within the waveform.
Tip: You can delete a split point by clicking the X at the bottom of the split line.
- Drag the split point to change where the split occurs.
- Double click on the title of any segment to rename it.
- Tap the (+) or (-) on the screen (or press + or - on your keyboard) to zoom in and out of the waveform.
Deleting and restoring segments
- Delete segments by clicking the trash icon at the top of a segment.
- Restore a segment by clicking the restore icon where the trash icon used to be.
Saving your segments
- Once you've made your edits, click Save.
- You can save your changes into one segment or multiple segments.
Note: You can save up to 150 segments.
- Your new segment(s) will appear in your episode builder. Your original, unedited file will still be in your purple Library folder.
- If you selected the option to save as multiple segments, they'll appear as separate segments with the names you chose in the editor.