- Log into Spotify for Podcasters on web.
Note: It's not possible to upload video episodes on the mobile app.
- Click New Episode then Quick upload.
- Select a file from your device.
- We’ll upload then process your video. This can take some time, depending on the size of the file.
- Add details like a title and description to your episode.
- Once your video processing is complete, you can choose to publish your new episode right away, save it as a draft, or schedule a future publishing date. You can also preview your video episode.
- Once you do publish, your episode will begin transcoding on Spotify. You’ll receive a notification in Spotify for Podcasters once the process has started, and then another notification once your episode is fully transcoded.
Important info about video episodes
- Video episodes are only available on Spotify. On other platforms, your episode will be audio-only.
- Video podcasts are available in over 180 markets through Spotify for Podcasters. Log in or create an account to see if you have access.
- You can't mix and match video and audio segments in the same episode.
- We support .MOV and .MP4 files and recommend a 16x9 aspect ratio. See our full recommended video specs here
- To monetize your video episodes, check out Podcast subscriptions.
- You can replace your existing audio-only episodes with video episodes. Learn more
Creating a video episode on Riverside.fm
Riverside offers the ability to create and edit video podcasts to upload to Spotify for Podcasters and Spotify. Read more here, or watch a tutorial video.